Step 3. Identifying Retirement Income Sources
Retirement income may come from a variety of income sources, and the percentage of each may change over time. See our Retirement Cash Flow Plan for details.
Income SourcesCommon retirement income sources include:
- Part-time work
- Company pension plan
- Lump sum distributions from retirement plans
- Social Security
- Taxable investment distributions (brokerage accounts, savings accounts)
- Tax-deferred investment distributions (IRAs, annuities)
- Tax-free investment distributions (Roth IRAs)
Retirement income related questions you may be pondering are:
- When should I apply for Social Security benefits?
- Which payout option should I select for my pension?
- How will I pay for health insurance until I am eligible for Medicare?
- Should I continue to work part-time?
We can help you identify the after-tax benefit of each source of retirement income and help you plan when to use each source over time.
Continue with Step 4. Evaluating Retirement Risks
Email your questions to email@example.com